Designing cutting edge Information Architectures.
The number of topics to be covered can be quite extensive. We propose to pre-scope the discovery or assessments. By collaboratively scoping the focus points of the assessment we can select areas that may be addressed in a later phase of the Data Warehouse or Integration program. Those that we retained in this exercise will represent the scope of the Data Warehouse assessment detailed in step two.
The deliverables of a discovery or assessment consist of:
- A set of findings and recommendations for a solution architecture if needed : a common shared view on logical and technical architecture
- Standard & Guidelines for implementation
- Moscow list: a document describing business prioritised requirements
- High end implementation roadmap of improvements (if relevant) based on these prioritised requirements
- Scope for the first iterations of improvements (if relevant):
- Outflow requirements including reports, data components
- Inflow requirements: list of sources involved
- Timing and budget
- Recommendation on Governance model
- A budget estimation for the recommended actions
- Executive summary