Our data warehouse automation solution
This solution goes further than only the development part of Data Warehouse Automation. It also supports data source analysis and automated validation testing of data loaded in the Data Vault.
The current market is characterized by an increasing level of change. Change encourages organizations to respond faster and smarter. To do this, we see an increasing demand for business intelligence, data warehousing and analytics. There is a need for shorter implementation, more speed, lower implementation costs and delivering quality
Data Warehousing Automation according to the principles of Data Vault 2.0.
- completely redesigned to support Data Vault 2.0.
- new graphical interface with improved usability.
- datavault data model, ELT and DDL’s based on the meta-data of the data sources in combination with manual definitions to the metadata (i.e. additional relationships).
The Foundation Accelerator 4.0 is the fourth generation of Tripwire Solutions‘ data warehouse automation solution, which has been completely redesigned to support Data Vault 2.0. It has a new graphical interface with improved usability based on our experience of automating large (> 10.000 objects) Data Vault Data Warehouse solutions over the last nine years.
The Foundation Accelerator 4.0 generates the datavault data model, ELT and DDL’s based on the meta-data of the data sources in combination of manual definitions to the metadata (i.e. additional relationships).
The Foundation Accelerator 4.0
It goes further than only the development part Data Warehouse Automation part, but also supports data source analysis and automated validation testing of data loaded in the Data Vault.
While the initial implementation is important the complexity and therefore the gain is much higher when a system is already in production and needs to evolve because of changes inside the sources. The Foundation Accelerator 4.0 is equipped with the best practices to make the model evolve based on the Data Vault 2.0 standard and generates next to the Alter Syntax DDL and the ELT, also the migration or special logic scripts needed for :
- A split of a Satellite
- Special logic for the Hash Difference when a Satellite gets additional attributes
Our best practices developed over 9 years of experience in implementing data vaults have been added to the accelerator:
- Project/Source specific parameterization
- Automatic import of metadata (database or flat file)
- Separate initial load logic.
- Support of all CDC types
- Full records for updates
- Only changed attributes for update
- Only changed attributed for updates with pre-images
- Supports constantly evolving source/datavault model
- Versioning of source/datavault model
- Drag and drop interface (constraints, multi-master, sat-splitting, …)
- Template based generation: allows user to create new templates supported by the accelerator
- Near real time data loading
- Multi-layered elt process (Delta-Firewall, Extract, Staging, Raw Datavault)
- Raw Datavault visualization
- Asynchronous task processing
The accelerator is metadata driven, generates elt-code for following technologies:
- Oracle Data Integrator
- Oracle plsql, Postgres plsql, t-sql